The benefits of online learning include:
- Convenience- One of the benefits is the convenience as you don’t have to be in the same room as the teacher so you have the convenience that you can use a phone, tablet, laptop, computer to learn from wherever you are so you don’t have to travel to be in a classroom.
- Flexible- Online learning helps those trying to balance family, work and education. With online learning, they don’t have to worry about being in class which means you can move your learning time to fit around your life.
- Affordable- Online learning is affordable as you don’t have to spend money on fuel, childcare expenses or even meals as the learning takes place in your own home(or where ever you want it to). You don’t have to commute to school and students can have discussions without having to be in the same room. A computer and internet access is the only thing you need which is a small cost compared to
- Own pace learning- As the learning is done online the learning can be done as fast or as slow as you want as the work is available all the time online.
- Fun and easy- With online learning, teachers can invite guests into their classes to help demonstrate key points. This would make the learning more fun, however, these lessons could only be viewed through the use of the right platform – so make sure you’ve got the right technology to get the best learning experience.
- Enhance interaction- Online learning gives students a chance to interact with their teachers compared to students in the classroom. This offers shy or introverted students a chance to participate in discussions with ease rather than in class sessions. Some shyer students have reported that online courses are simpler to focus on as they’re not distracted by anyone. Online learning is also beneficial to teachers as it allows them to know more about each student or his or her learning patterns than they would in their classes.
It improves the self discipline of the student as they have to organise their own study time being in charge of their learning. The exams have shown this to be effective as the students have achieved better or similar scores to traditional students, partly because they have more time they choose to study in.
Being able to learn anywhere makes it effective as you don’t need to waste time commuting to the school/college and that time can be used to study more.
With Oxford Learning College there are many courses you can study ranging in grade from iGCSE to A level, Level 1, Level 2, Level 3 diplomas and BTEC HND. The courses can be anything from Psychology to childcare and zoology. More courses and information can be found on the website here- https://www.oxfordcollege.ac/news/courses/
Studying online can offer you greater flexibility, making it easier for you to study without disrupting your personal and professional life.
Much of your teaching will be in the form of video lectures and we break these down into relatively short episodes to help you to be flexible in planning your studies. All of the videos are available when you start your course and you can watch and re-watch them whenever you wish.